Coconut coir makes for excellent bedding for your worms. It is a renewable resource unlike peat moss. It is a by-product of the coconut industry. Worms just love the stuff! Your coir will come dried and compacted. Just add water and you have an excellent bedding/food source for your worms.
Here are some of the great features of Coconut Coir:
- COIR is a re-newable resource. (peat moss is NOT)
- Durable-Lasts 3 times longer than peat moss, up to 8 years
- Compact-compressed into bales or bricks for convenient shipping
- Environmental-Renewable resource made from recycled coconut husks. When compared to peat, (the extraction of which can easily harm fragile bog habitats) coir is a more ecologically responsible choice.
- Moisture retention-Can hold up to 8-9 times its weight in water
- Excellent aeration-Has superior oxygenation due to high air-filled porosity and pore space
- Makes great worm bedding.
**We sell it in 11 lb. blocks (remember it expands a lot once you put it in a bucket of water). Go to the Worm Supplies page to order now!